Chester, PA Pest Control
If your Chester, PA home or business hasn't been properly protected against an infestation, chances are you'll eventually have to deal with one. With that said, here are the most prevalent pests to watch for in this area.
Ant Control in Chester
Ants are six-legged pests that live in complex social societies also known as colonies. Although the United States is home to more than 700 species of ants, there are six species that residents in Chester should be especially mindful of, including the Acrobat Ant, Carpenter Ant, Citronella Ant, Odorous House Ant, Pavement Ant and Pharaoh Ant.
Top Signs of a Carpenter Ant Infestation in Your Home or Business
- Piles of wood shavings found underneath wooden items in the property
- Faint rustling noises heard inside woodwork or coming from the walls
- Large winged carpenter ants emerge from walls, ceilings, and other crevices
Rodent Control in Chester
When rodents enter your home or business, they will invade your food storage areas, leave behind waste that contains parasites and spread disease. Some rodents will burrow in the ground, while others will climb in trees. The most common rodents you'll likely find entering your property in Chester include the Norway rat, roof rat, and house mouse.
Top Signs of a Rodent Infestation in Your Home or Business
- Presence of rat or mouse droppings found in hidden areas of the property
- Presence of nests found in the roof, in crawlspaces, and in wall cavities
- Squeaking and scratching noises coming from under floorboards or along walls
Termite Control in Chester
It's estimated that termites cause $30 billion in annual damage to man-made structures and crops in the United States. In addition, homeowners in Chester, PA who discover a termite infestation in their property will spend an average of $3,000 on repairs and extermination. That's why inspecting your home every year is so important.
Top Signs of a Termite Infestation in Your Home or Business
- Tapping noises heard in areas that are heavily infested by termites
- Presence of droppings - referred to as termite frass - found near entry and exit points
- Sagging floors and hollow wood - you can hear it's hollow when you tap it
If you're searching for residential or commercial pest control services in Chester or the surrounding areas, contact DB Pest Solutions for a free quote at (215) 484-0204. With nearly 40 years of experience exterminating many types of pest problems known to Pennsylvania, we're confident we'll restore your sense of comfort and safety soon.